Monday, May 14, 2012

Workout #3

As I write this OKC is manhandling the Lakers  100-70 with 10 mins left in the game.  Go Thunder...sure I'd rather it be the Mavs playing....

No workout on Sunday.  Mother's Day and my legs wanted a break.  So I made up for it today.  This evening we played some Michael Jackson.  It was funny when Jen was moving Danielle's hands in the zombie positions when we were doing Thriller.  I'm doing good to get 1 or 2 stars, but when we did that again Jen hit 4 out of 5 (or 5 out of 6)...  I'd say I did between 6-8 songs.  Though one flaw with that game is their is no setlist.  Had to pick a new song after one ended.

Then tonight something must have spiked my water.  I did 2 workouts with EA2.  The first one was part of my 3 week workout...set to easy.  22 activities and I'd say about 7 or 8 of those are warmup/cooldown - same as first 2 days.  It concentrated more on upper body today. Stats-------------------  Time: 18:01, Cal burned: 71.7, avg heart rate: 117, Max: 146.    After I was done I was sweating a bit, but it didn't feel like that hard of a workout.  After thinking for a moment and realizing I didn't workout yesterday and tomorrow is also a day off, I looked to do another one.

This time I went into another menu "my workouts".  Here you can build your own or have the trainer do it.  I let them with these parameters:  short 10-15, normal workout, full body.  Well hell it was definitely a sweating workout.  14 activities and only 4 were warmup/cooldown.  Near the end of middle 10 were these killer leg strides...kinda like those cross country machines...but without the machine.  I had to do those in the 1st workout today and I had problems keeping my arms alternating with my legs but there were only about 40.  With this 2nd quick workout the reps killed me --- 80 i think (plus add in all the stuff I had done tonight).  Had to stop a few times in that one and I was soooooooo glad to be done with that.  Drank over a full water bottle tonight.

Stats for the 2nd workout and you can compare it to the 1st one.   Time: 14:36, Cal burned: 73.1, avg heart rate: 138 bpm, Max: 180


Total cals burned tonight 144...total overall: 344

Now time to get ready and head down to Best Buy for the midnight release of Diablo 3.  Woo!

1 comment:

  1. Yes, I'm reading your blog...and proud of your progress!

    ReplyDelete