Friday, May 11, 2012

Active 2 - Day 1

Green flag is out for Day 1.  Got everything set up after I got home including the resistance band, arm band/heart rate monitor and leg band.    Put all my info in (it weighed me at 175) and picked the 3 week cardio workout on easy.  There's also medium and hard but we'll save those for later.  There are more options like a 9 week fitness program and custom ones, but someone recommended starting off with the 3 week.

Then I chose which 4 days to workout (I picked Fri, Sat, Mon, Wed) ---sidenote I'll prob integrate (PLAY) ;) a dance game or something else on the off days.  Those can be good workouts too.  Then it started off with workout #1 with 22 exercises.  Warmup stretching etc...then the red flag come out on #7 of 22.  Time to stop and go eat...PIZZA!!!

OK, figured you'd need a laugh.  It's true... we had planned last night to go eat Bud and Walts when I got home tonight.  Since Danielle was playing on the computer, I figured I'd have enough time to at least try it out before we left.

Couple hours later and I get back into it hoping I can start where I left off.  If that is possible, I did not find it....start over with Exercise 1.   And midway through..my daughter wants to join in....and borrow the resistance band...and ask questions...and watch her...and.....  So I let her use the band during the demos of how to do the exercise and when its not needed.  She tries doing some of the exercises (the tougher ones) but stops and goes back to having fun lifting the band and making mommy try too.

Cooldown hits around #19 or 20 and man I need it.   Around 12-18 got that blood pumping.  I thought it was funny that #21 was called pretzel!!!  Now wait is it teasing me? :)

Results:  a bit over 100 calories total lost.  From workout 1 ->  20 minutes ( that does not include quick breaks or loading)  86.6 cals burned, and avg heart beat 123 bpm.  Not much but gotta start on the bottom rung to climb the ladder.

-----

quick review:    I definitely got my money's worth and can see myself sticking with this.  I agree with others saying to not use the wii fit board because my first short workout attempt it timed out twice on me.  I turned it off after that. I have a step I made a few years ago (to make the wii board higher) that I can use when needed.

No comments:

Post a Comment