Friday, May 11, 2012

why the nonsense

What brought all this exercise nonsense I mentioned up?

Short answer - Sometimes I feel fat.  Don't most of us.  Did I exercise before...been awhile.  In fact the Wii Fit told me it had been over 600 days since it last saw me.  Yeah, been awhile....

Two different occasions while working down at SDC (silver dollar city) carrying my toolbox.  Now mind it IS heavy (though not as heavy as my service monitor).  It weighs in around 28 pounds and carrying it halfway across the very hilly park is a workout   Also going up a few flights of stairs to get to the repeater with this equipment winded me.  And it shouldn't....in my mind.

There's been other times when the feeling fat hits...nothing noteworthy.  Except when Jen and I were looking through some honeymoon photos from 99 and one photo I looked very skinny.  BAH.  Sure as ya get older it gets harder to keep the weight off and no I don't think I want to get THAT weight...but I need to shed some pounds and unlike 2 years ago keep them off.

Wii fit forgot my name...called me mommy ;)  But it did make sure it told me I had gained almost 12 pounds since my last visit (less than 2 years ago).  Yeh that was about what I lost when I used it back then.   Am I really fat?  Well that term is really vague and can be defined by whomever however.  Obese, no.  Fat, no.  Overweight yes.  Need to lose a good bit, yes.  So the Wii told me I was at 174...*sigh*.  What am I shooting for?  First goal -> 160.  Second -> 150.  Final:  around 135.

Randy's been doing it and so has Don.  Now it's my turn.  And maybe this time I'll stick with it.

So to end this post, I'll start off with a couple great comments I saw on another blog (no relation to me):
------

"That EA sports program is not practical. There is no place to hang your clothes or collect dust…"

You’re not that far out of shape; you’re “Ripped like a Marshmellow”!!







No comments:

Post a Comment