Tuesday, June 12, 2012

Anybody but the Heat

1 down 3 to go.  Since the Mavs aren't playing tonight, I'm pulling for OKC.  Actually I didn't care if it was San Antonio or OKC as long as they beat the heat...not one or two but every time ;)

Well I would give you a 3 fer workout review but #5 was missed on Sunday.  Too much going on and most of it was not inside the house.  You can't move workout days on the schedule too.  oh well.  Will be missing one this Sat also but that's what happens when the summer rolls around.

Oh a bit of extra info.  In the game there are 4 cooldown activities.  During this time I also get 1 aggravation. CAT attack!  Every single day during cooldown patches just has to get right next to me on the floor and basically pester me for lovin.

So, onto workout 4.  And like the first program in which I went crazy and switched from easy to medium on workout 4 which is one of the hardest workouts of the program....I did it this time too.   What did I do?   More weights.....


Those are 5 pounds each.  My plan was to use the previous ones (2.5 max each) for my wrists and those for my ankles.  I figured 5 was too much to jump into so I removed 2 lbs.  At 3 lbs it was still pretty heavy....esp for this evil workout.

I slogged through it with a few breaks.  Workout 6 was not that bad.  Here's the stats for both.

4 ---> Time: 27:14, Cals: 129.4, Avg bpm: 142, Max 180
6 --->  time: 24:24, Cals: 108.9, Avg bpm: 132, Max 173

I compared the numbers to program 1 and they are very close.  I guess the cals burned are based more on the workout instead of  how hard you do it (ie extra weights).  Not sure how much bpm figures into the formula.  But I know I'm getting extra burn with the added 11 lbs of weights.  Good thing too...I might have worked off one or two throwed rolls from tonight ;)

Oh and real quick, I have been drinking more water too.  Yesterday I was listening to the camp dave fit segment on lex and terry and they were talking about Mio, a water additive.  No cals or sugars.  The nearby gas station had only one flavor (energy...has caffeine) but it's good.  I'll have to try a few other flavors at the grocery store next time.



Until next time!

No comments:

Post a Comment